Fuel Injectors/fuel Pressure Regulator

• 2 weeks later...

When it quits running. :P

if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Well, LLS...I replaced the fuel Injectors on my SC400 and it now runs like a stuck hog..I have almost 200,000 miles on it and I thought it ran great until I replaced the Injectors..I did notice 1 of the injectors was just a little wet on the bottom seal..so I just replaced them all and am I glad I did. I agree with you to a certain degree..if it isn't broke don't fix it..but in this case I was right!!!

I also was told by a good mechanic friend of mine that changing the fuel injectors every 100,000 miles is a good idea anyway..they start leaking..their sprays get irratic and they can get clogged up over time..and fuel injector cleaner doesn't necessarily fix the problem either. They can just wear out too.

• 2 years later...

When it quits running. :P

if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Well, LLS...I replaced the fuel Injectors on my SC400 and it now runs like a stuck hog..I have almost 200,000 miles on it and I thought it ran great until I replaced the Injectors..I did notice 1 of the injectors was just a little wet on the bottom seal..so I just replaced them all and am I glad I did. I agree with you to a certain degree..if it isn't broke don't fix it..but in this case I was right!!!

I also was told by a good mechanic friend of mine that changing the fuel injectors every 100,000 miles is a good idea anyway..they start leaking..their sprays get irratic and they can get clogged up over time..and fuel injector cleaner doesn't necessarily fix the problem either. They can just wear out too.

I don't understand this post, it seems really contradictory, can you elabtorate? Yes I realize this is an old post but unfortunately this problem seeems to apply to me and I want more information.