Need help with Nakamiki stereo!

RCargile

• 3 months later...

Randall,

I had a similar problem with my 92 sc400. All of my speakers quit except the rear and they weren't very loud. This happened about the same time that I needed a AAA jump to start the car. I went home and cleaned off the positive terminal post which was very corroded. All of a sudden I had the front tweeters working, but the main speakers are still out. I checked both of the radio fuses, but they're fine. I suspect that the wiring harness connected to the battery on the plus side may be a clue as to the problem.

Did you ever get your stereo fixed?

Ron

I am not well versed with sound sytems, just fooling around a little. But most amplifiers have their own fuse. I'm not familiar with the nak amp but it may have a fuse on it. If it is blown, that will explain it. Pull the bottom piece of the rear seat and you'll find your amp under it. The seat pulls out easily. Just grab the front firmly and pull up with gusto. Otherwise, the speakers are blown. Try using known working speakers and attaching the connections temporarily to your existing speakers. To gain access to the rear speakers, pull the panel in the trunk. It is the back lining in front of the gas tank. You will be able to see the speakers in the rear deck from there.