Dead Power Seats.

Greetings all.

I have a 1995 SC300, that has a couple of dead seats. I was going to remove them today but realized that in their present position I can only get to the front bolts.

Is there an emergency release? Or a way to move the seats forward, if the motors are dead?

There is either no information about this or I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

If I were you I would check the fuses & wiring first if you have not already done so. Both power seats not working sounds more like their not getting any power rather than the motors being inop.

Thank you for responding, I've checked all of them, and unless there is some unseen break in the wires, they're getting power from the fuse box.

I'm going to pull them out and go a little less luxo and a little more sport. I have a pair of '95 Supra tan leather seats in great condition.

I'm going to have to hack away at the seats until I can get to the bolts. The seats in the car are worn out anyway.

No need to hack - the seat rail bolts are under the plastic trim tabs at the end of each rail. Take apart gently and be especially careful with plastic stoppers at the back end of the rails.

Yep, I can see and have removed the bolt covers, with no problem, the problem is, that the upper part of the seat rail is covering the bolts and the seats won't move to expose the bolts.

From all I can gather, I will have to disassemble the seats completely and turn the "traverse" motor by hand.

I'm not looking forward to this, but it appears to be my only option.

Thanks.