What Does This Do?

post-17158-1173077510_thumb.jpgthis white plug powers 2 mechanical units on the left an right. the left unit has a green lead and the right unit has the red/black. I noticed that these are making noises like something is stuck. these units actually move then vents i believe...i.e. head/feet or head only...does anyone know what these really do?

anyway removing the plug eliminated the irritating noise however the AC is not cold anymore. wtf. help please

tomorrow i will plug in the white one and unplug the left/right units and hopefully the AC will become cold again. if this doesnt work does anyone know the cost to replace these thing?

I made a mistake. the black things dont make the irritating noises, however the white plug does power something else back in that mess that cools the car and is making noises. the noises can be described as something loading that is stuck...i.e. cd changer with a stuck disc...

please help