98 Gs300 Tires 16"

dcfish

Considering a set of tires soon, I have always purchased michelins and I want to try a different mfg. No dunlops or bridgestone please, I have had bad luck with them in the past. Any suggestions ? I am currently looking at sumitomo htr+................ TIA.

I know you're not a Bridgestone fan, but the set of LS-Vs I have now are very good tires, and I've had bad experiences with Bridgestone before too.

What made you try bridgestones again ? Have you tried Sumitomos, Toyo's, Cooper, Continentals and the like ? Just looking for a decent set of tires that don't break the bank. I would rather buy 2 sets for $900.00 than 1 set of michelins for $650.00+. Thoughts ?

I'd heard a lot of good things about the LS-Vs and with a 30 day return policy there was no reason not to. So far, I'm happy with them. Not QUITE as quiet as the MXV4s at low speeds, but better rain and snow traction.

I think you definately get what you pay for with tires. I've had Toyos, Goodyears, Bridgestones, Dunlops, Michelins, Firestones. The Michelins are the most refined tires I've had, but the LS-Vs come close. The Toyos got unbearably loud as they aged. Dunlop makes a good smooth, quiet, and cheap tire but treadwear is poor.

I'd heard a lot of good things about the LS-Vs and with a 30 day return policy there was no reason not to. So far, I'm happy with them. Not QUITE as quiet as the MXV4s at low speeds, but better rain and snow traction.

I think you definately get what you pay for with tires. I've had Toyos, Goodyears, Bridgestones, Dunlops, Michelins, Firestones. The Michelins are the most refined tires I've had, but the LS-Vs come close. The Toyos got unbearably loud as they aged. Dunlop makes a good smooth, quiet, and cheap tire but treadwear is poor.

Thanks, Right now I can get 4 sumitomo HTR+ (75,000 tread warranty ) tires installed with lifetime balance and rotation and a 30 day no questions asked return. $426.49 out the door. Should I ?

I've heard pretty good things about the Sumitomo HTR+ owned by the same company who make Falken's. Not a bad price at all. B) After all my experiences, I too will never own Bridgestone's.....no matter what. ;)

I've heard decent things overall about this tire too & also attractively priced...but not sure what size your looking for.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...Tech+M550+A%2FS

:cheers:

I've heard pretty good things about the Sumitomo HTR+ owned by the same company who make Falken's. Not a bad price at all. B) After all my experiences, I too will never own Bridgestone's.....no matter what. ;)

I've heard decent things overall about this tire too & also attractively priced...but not sure what size your looking for.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...Tech+M550+A%2FS

:cheers:

I have decided to go with the sumitomo HTR+, I have 30 days to test them out ( and I will ) If I don't like them I'll buy michelins. Which ones ????