Take A Quick Look At Oem And Non Oem Drive Shaft Bushing

glenmore

Go to ebay and seach with "lexus drive shaft bushing" and you can see a (used) OEM bushing and compare it to new knockoff bushings. The knockoffs are real cheap ~$30 each. A new OEM one is around $200! You can clearly see that the OEM is much beefier but $200? This is another example of outrageous Lexus prices. A Mercedes OEM equivalent flex disc is about $50.

I just changed my rear shocks and just with a little movement of the sway links, the rubber boots cracked, which can be expected because they are old (1990). New links? How about $60 each from Park Place! A Mercedes sway link? $7.00!

glenmore

1990 LS400

2000 C280

1991 300CE

Here ya' go. My experience with those ebay shaft bushings.... didn't work in my car, i thought, but ended up being the U joint of the shaft. Blake has these ebay ones at his house now. We swapped spark plugs for flex couplings. :cheers:

To me, they looked, felt, and appeared to be the exact same quality, size and density.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...l=flex+coupling