Can You *listen* To Dvds While Car Is In Motion?

A friend of mine just got a the new LS460 (what a car!). Amongst the many cool things he demonstrated was the ability to *listen* to DVD movies while the car is in motion (even though the screen goes blank).

Can anyone confirm this works with the '07 GS's?

A friend of mine just got a the new LS460 (what a car!). Amongst the many cool things he demonstrated was the ability to *listen* to DVD movies while the car is in motion (even though the screen goes blank).

If anyone's interested, I confirmed that you can, in fact, listen to movie DVDs while the car is in motion. Personally, I think it's pretty cool, cuz the sound is absolutely amazing!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Allow me to hijack this thread for a moment, lol.

I have the opposite problem, I just posted it in the DVD bypass thread.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...st&p=239167

Mine plays the video but no sound. I did the DVD bypass and it worked for about a year and now it just stopped playing sound on the DVDs. Audio CDs still work fine.

Anyone able to help me troubleshoot this?

• 3 months later...

I have an 07 GS350 with Nav and Mark Levinson Audio. I have listened to DVD movies while I drive.

The "gotcha" is that you have to get through the previews of the DVD (with the Parking Brake on and the car in Park) and press AUDIO and PICTURE. When the previews finish, touch the screen and you will see playback options (play, rewind, etc...) Press Play at that time and the movie should start playing. Once it starts, you can release the parking brake and start driving and keep listening to it. If you change CD/DVD's and go back, you have to go through the same process. If you stop and start the car and turn off or on the Audio system, it will keep on that DVD.

I hope this helps.

ENJOYS!

I have an 07 GS350 with Nav and Mark Levinson Audio. I have listened to DVD movies while I drive.

The "gotcha" is that you have to get through the previews of the DVD (with the Parking Brake on and the car in Park) and press AUDIO and PICTURE. When the previews finish, touch the screen and you will see playback options (play, rewind, etc...) Press Play at that time and the movie should start playing. Once it starts, you can release the parking brake and start driving and keep listening to it. If you change CD/DVD's and go back, you have to go through the same process. If you stop and start the car and turn off or on the Audio system, it will keep on that DVD.

I hope this helps.

ENJOYS!

I eventually did the DVD hack so it's a non-issue now. REALLY love that hack. Not so much for watching movies (which I think is a little stupid from a safety standpoint), but listening to to them. Was annoying not being able to move through the menus after the car was in motion.