Interior Trim Paint?

jimbrem007

has anyone replaced or repainted the trim piece around the heater controls and cup holder??...i have a 98 sc300 and i was hanging little "air freshner trees" from the cup holder on the dash and i guess the oil from the tree's caused the finish to bubble up and peel off of my trim!!!...this sucks cause the car is 100% besides this......i've seen the trim piece for sale, but they all need refinishing....any idea's???.....i was wondering if any companies make that piece in matching factory woodgrain??...any help would be appreciated

has anyone replaced or repainted the trim piece around the heater controls and cup holder??...i have a 98 sc300 and i was hanging little "air freshner trees" from the cup holder on the dash and i guess the oil from the tree's caused the finish to bubble up and peel off of my trim!!!...this sucks cause the car is 100% besides this......i've seen the trim piece for sale, but they all need refinishing....any idea's???.....i was wondering if any companies make that piece in matching factory woodgrain??...any help would be appreciated

jimbrem007', Check out what this Sc owner did to his wood trim, he repainted the trim Gunmetal. It looks really nice.

post-1539-1172192517_thumb.jpg

post-1539-1172192539_thumb.jpg

jimbrem007', Check out what this Sc owner did to his wood trim, he repainted the trim Gunmetal. It looks really nice.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :o

Oh well... To each his own. I wouldn't dream of covering up the one feature of the interior that speaks "luxury" - the genuine wood trim. Especially when so many other car makers are using the fake stuff. But, hey, whatever you do, 'make it yours'.