Turn Signal Lightbulbs Stop Working

Hello all,

I have Lexus 98' GS400 and for the past 3 month i had problems with my turn signal lights. It only happens with front turn bulbs. The back signal flashes very fast and the front one doesn't work (on the same side) whereas the left signal flashes with regular speed. I asked my mechanic to repair it once, he took the light bulb out and than put it back in again and it worked for some time. I assume something is wrong with contacts. How can i fix my light temporarily? Will be doing 1k highway kilometers today at night and i dont want to drive without signal light

TIA

Hello all,

I have Lexus 98' GS400 and for the past 3 month i had problems with my turn signal lights. It only happens with front turn bulbs. The back signal flashes very fast and the front one doesn't work (on the same side) whereas the left signal flashes with regular speed. I asked my mechanic to repair it once, he took the light bulb out and than put it back in again and it worked for some time. I assume something is wrong with contacts. How can i fix my light temporarily? Will be doing 1k highway kilometers today at night and i dont want to drive without signal light

TIA

If the left side blinks normally that means the left side has no bulbs out. Since the rear right bulb is blinking very quickly that means your front right bulb is out. If he didn’t replace the bulb and just re-installed that bulb you should replace both the right and left front turn markers. It might be a bad connection but he should have installed new bulbs. If it was a new bulb I would say check your wiring but since he put an old bulb back in I would say just replace the bulbs and use some light bulb grease on the connections. Any auto parts store should have the replacement. I wouldn’t recommend a big trip without your blinkers working. Good Luck