Wheels

lacanls400

Does anyone know of a place other than the dealer where I can get replacement caps on my 93Ls400. The silver finish on all four caps is pealing off revealing what looks to be plastic.lacanls400

Do they have the gold emblems or the silver emblems? You can get a set of 4 with the silver emblems fairly cheap on ebay. The gold emblems are never cheap for some reason. I lost one of mine a while back and was tempted to buy a silver one and paint the emblem.

By the way, the ES 250 had very similar looking wheels/caps, but they won't fit...I already tried. They are about an inch too large diameter.

I had the same problem.

Solution: Take one of the caps to a auto part store, advance auto parts, etc and buy the spray paint that matches the silver finish and a spray bottle of clear coat.

Sand the caps down with fair sandpaper down to the plastic until they are a little rough (for the spray to stick). Spray...wait....clear and they are better than new, as my new finish matched the wheels better than before!

Danw, I had a missing gold emblem, and got another silver one on Ebay. Had to buy the cap, too. But I took all of the caps off, spray painted the emblems with gloss gold paint, and they look great 3 years later. 'Course I live in the desert, so there is no corrosion factor....