Touch Up Paint

I have a 2006 Grey 400h. Paint code 1CO. I have tried the factory touch up and paint from touchup123. None of these match the color.

The area's I touch up are very visible.

I use very small applicators, followed the directions from the kit, used small layers, but

Can't match this color.

Has anybody had success with this?

TIA

I need to do this too (few chips on the edge of the door) but I'm expecting anything spectacular. I've never been happy with the results, it's more about removing that big eyesore, and protecting the metal from rust and corrosion.

Paint is a tricky thing, and nothing applied with a brush will ever match a professional paint job applied with a sprayer. Especially a nice paint job like the Lexus' have.

I need to do this too (few chips on the edge of the door) but I'm expecting anything spectacular. I've never been happy with the results, it's more about removing that big eyesore, and protecting the metal from rust and corrosion.

Paint is a tricky thing, and nothing applied with a brush will ever match a professional paint job applied with a sprayer. Especially a nice paint job like the Lexus' have.

Yes, those pait dab thingies are hardly better than the gouge they cover. If you can find your color in aerosol, it will at least look a skoshe better. We managed to deeply gouge the rear bumper with the lowering garage door. The bumpers are that tupperware plastic ... at least in our case. Yea we covered the trench with gold paint but sheesh! The paint dabber just didn't do the trick. Should have 1st filled it with bondo. Oh well one more thing for the 'to do' list.