Where Is The Airbag Module?

Just like the title states I need to know where the airbag module is located. I’ve gotten two answers and wanted to double check on here. Some say its on the right side under the console near the passenger and others say it under the center of the console. Does anyone have a diagram? I called the junk yard and they say they need the code on the module to make sure this one will work correctly. My car is 1993 and the module I will be getting is from a 1995. Can anyone shed some light. This is the last part I need to get the car running like new again (hopefully).

I just took out the back plastic tray for the armrest thinking it would be under there and there is just the ducting for the rear a/c vents. I took out the ashtray, center coin holder and tray under the center armrest and there are no signs of the srs module??? I guess ill try and remove some of the a/v vents to see if I can see it under it. Any ideas?

I just took out the back plastic tray for the armrest thinking it would be under there and there is just the ducting for the rear a/c vents. I took out the ashtray, center coin holder and tray under the center armrest and there are no signs of the srs module??? I guess ill try and remove some of the a/v vents to see if I can see it under it. Any ideas?

I figured it out. The whole center console had to come out and it was right under the vents.

• 3 months later...

I wonder if there is any other maintenance task it is appropriate to do if you go through this procedure for replacing the Airbag Module. Even something as mundane as being able to clean something that you otherwise would have no chance to clean. I will file the answer away for future reference.

thanks!