Steering Wheel Vibration

Measure the thickness and if you're still within specs then turn them. I never turn my rotors because you're not suppose to with BMW's. But I'd replace them even it wasn't a bimmer. It's only a few extra bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Measure the thickness and if you're still within specs then turn them. I never turn my rotors because you're not suppose to with BMW's. But I'd replace them even it wasn't a bimmer. It's only a few extra bucks.

thanks 92lex, that is one of two problems I have been having with my 98 gs300t hat I was hoping to find an answer here for.

thanks,

fish

thanks 92lex, that is one of two problems I have been having with my 98 gs300t hat I was hoping to find an answer here for.

thanks,

fish

Hey, One fish around here is enough. :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 years later...
1998 GS300

Driving 50mph+ and stepping on brakes causes stearing wheel to shake/vibrate. Brakes are 6 months old.

Turn rotors or replace with new ones? Rotors dont look that bad. Suggestions? Thanks.

Make sure there is no crud between the rotor and the axle hub. Clean very well with wire brush.

1998 GS300

Driving 50mph+ and stepping on brakes causes stearing wheel to shake/vibrate. Brakes are 6 months old.

Turn rotors or replace with new ones? Rotors dont look that bad. Suggestions? Thanks.

please reshape the brake plate, probablly temperture changed suddenly, ie. washing the car just after off-road driving.