Aux Line-in?

nc211

How is it possible a 1992 Mitsubishi Diamante can have a little Aux. jack input on their stereo, yet all these cars out there today still don't have one as standard????? AND, the cars today don't have a tape player either, which eliminates that option of connectivity. It just baffles me I guess that in the Ipod world, this one little connector has been over-looked. I've got a 07' ES350 sitting in the driveway "loaner", and it doesn't have one of these inputs either. It has everything else you could think of, but that one little input option.

Cudo's to Mitsubishi for thier 1992 Diamante! :cheers:

I think you're wrong. The ES350 should have an aux input inside the center armrest. It's right next to the 12V socket inside the center armrest. Check again, it should be there. ;)

I think you're wrong. The ES350 should have an aux input inside the center armrest. It's right next to the 12V socket inside the center armrest. Check again, it should be there. ;)

I have this aux input jack exactly where you said it should be, but I have a ML audio system. Maybe they don't have it on the standard radio. :unsure:

lol you have to get nav to get the tape player

.......and also the ML system which is only available on the UL ES350 Edition. In other words, the standard radio does not include a tape player even though you have nav.

I have this aux input jack exactly where you said it should be, but I have a ML audio system. Maybe they don't have it on the standard radio. :unsure:

Wait I had a standard radio in the loaner, no nav or ML and the aux input was there?!?!?!?! :huh: I didn't quite notice if it had a tape player though. It had bluetooth, which I thought was kinda odd on a car w/o Nav/ML. (or does that mean it has ML but no Nav?) :D

It's kinda weird to compare these two, but my 4Runner actually has an aux input in the same location as the ES350, and my GX doesn't (well the 07s now have it, I've seen it :( ) It comes in really handy. It gives me a hard time connecting my PSP to the GX as I have to use either a cassete adaptor, or a FM transmitter (which eats a lot of batteries, signal isn't too good) so I end up having to burn more cds just to play my music in my GX. <_<

I might of missed it in the armrest section, although I did find the aux power outlet in there, but didn't see the Aux input selector on the stereo. I'm just saying that I think it's funny that you can't hook up an ipod through an aux power input on the front of a car stereo these days, unless you bought the option package for it. I'm talking in general, from Honda to Chevy. Although I have seen them being advertised for other cars now, like it's the latest and greatest invention, when in reality, it's not! To me, it seems like every car stereo, aftermarket or oem, should have input options on the front of them for people's devices. It just seems like buying a new $400 home stereo receiver, but only being allowed to connect 2 speakers, one left, and one right, and hook up a tape deck. Just doesnt' make sense, especially these days.