2001 Ls430 Cupholder

PDT

I purchased a 2001 LS430 a few months ago. I cannot get the driver/passenger cupholder on the middle console to stay shut. Everytime you push it in it wants to pop back out. Any suggestions. I'm hoping it's not part of the entire middle console and you'd have to replace the console itself. Thanks.

I purchased a 2001 LS430 a few months ago. I cannot get the driver/passenger cupholder on the middle console to stay shut. Everytime you push it in it wants to pop back out. Any suggestions. I'm hoping it's not part of the entire middle console and you'd have to replace the console itself. Thanks.

In my 2003, the cup holder is pretty sensitive, popping back out about 1/3rd of the time. Try pressing harder, softer, more to the left, more to the right, etc.

Good luck.

MotionMan

In my 2003, the cup holder is pretty sensitive, popping back out about 1/3rd of the time. Try pressing harder, softer, more to the left, more to the right, etc.

Good luck.

MotionMan

Thanks !!!

Crap can fall in there and jam the mechanism. When I took my car apart to put the Bluetooth in I found a whole bunch of paper, some crumbs, etc. Someone on the forums even found a Bluetooth headset when they took theirs apart!

The cupholder is a separate module that is easily removed should you have to replace it; but getting to it involves removing the bottom row of switches (with VSC and seat heaters) and then the entire veener surface surrounding the shift knob. Both pieces are held in place by clips; they just pop off. Just be careful when you remove them as the wood veneer is very easily scratched.