Need help with some cosmetics/minor mods

jlex

Hey y'all,

I'm brand new to this as I just bought a '92 SC400 from a friend and I'm loving it. I'm thinking of doing a few customizations already tho. Any help with the following would be greatly appreciated:

1. Gear shifter (automatic). Where can I get a nicer one that doesn't look as fallic? I like the ones on newer models, can I just swap the two?

2. Dash lights. I'm not fond of the Toyota green so can I just buy replacement bulbs in white or blue, where to get them, and how to install?

3. I have the original stock speakers. Does anyone know the specs on these and/or the manufacturer/model? I'm thinking of adding new sounds bit by bit but I don't want to blow the original speakers.

Thanks a bunch!

jlex

• 3 months later...

For the Shifter, you have a few options, but you might not like them. I would suggest you visit Nopi.com or your local Speed shop and they should be able to find you something. Nothing in wood though unless you want to customize. I wanted to swap my shifter with one that follows the wood trim decorum, but they stopped making the only model. If you're interested inadding woodtrim look to your shifter, there is someone who can do it. Email me with the notice: Wood Trim Option Reference in the subject , otherwise I might just delete it.

Your lights in the Climate control and Radio can be swapped out with something else. Check this link for a aftermarket company that can work on the Climate COntrol system. For the Radio, if you have the Pioneer system, look up United Radio, in Syracuse, NY. They will rebuid it with the new light in them, I think.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/viewt...wtopic.php?t=83

for the speakers, i believe they are the stock one which might be Pioneer. look through your manual or if you can buy the service manual from toyota.

try this out.