Dealer Told Me I Would Have To Pay Msrp If I Custom Order One?

Dealer told me If I do a custom order on 07 IS350, I would have to pay MSRP? He said it is like this for all lexus dealers.

I think he just really wants to move the one on his lot, because he has been heavily pushing it instead of wanting me to do a custom order.

Is there such a rule where you have to pay MSRP if you custom order?

Dealer told me If I do a custom order on 07 IS350, I would have to pay MSRP? He said it is like this for all lexus dealers.

I think he just really wants to move the one on his lot, because he has been heavily pushing it instead of wanting me to do a custom order.

That's a joke :lol: Go to a different dealer.

No Way! :)

I think that dealers might be getting closer to MSRP for the IS350 now than 8 weeks ago or so.

What is he telling you he will sell you the one on the lot for?

My thought is he should be offering you the order for the same price (or really close) the two dealers I talked with did not seem to care if I ordered or bought one off the lot.

I think that dealers might be getting closer to MSRP for the IS350 now than 8 weeks ago or so.

What is he telling you he will sell you the one on the lot for?

My thought is he should be offering you the order for the same price (or really close) the two dealers I talked with did not seem to care if I ordered or bought one off the lot.

He told me he can get me about 1.5k off MSRP when I first test drove the car. I figure if he told me 1.5k right off the bat, (before any formal negoatiation), I can probably get at least 2-2.5k off.

Last Spring, I went in and test drove the IS250 AWD.

I told the Internet Sales Manager that I wanted the car, Breakwater Blue on Black, and insisted on the Nav/ML/Lux packages.

She told me that the ML option was not currently in production, and that I would need to special order the car.

They requested a $5,000 deposit and explained that it would 4-8 weeks and that my final cost of the vehicle would be approx $1,500 above MSRP, due to the special order.

I explained that I would think about it and left the dealership.

I haven't been back to that dealer since. :angry: