Buying A Gx470- Have Questions On Year

april07

I am in the process of looking to buy a GX470. I am wondering what the differences are in the 2003 and 2004 in terms of standard equipment. I have seen a few posts here regarding blue tooth being standard in the 2004? Is this not available in the 2003? Also, what kind of gas mileage do this things get in town? I currently have a RX300 and am getting around 17 in town. I also am definitely going to put some wheels on the car and was wondering what the biggest size I can go without modifying anything. I saw a post that said if you put 22's on it you had to cut some plastic or it would rub. I am probably going to go with 20's, but wanted to know what size tire I could still get on there. Any help would be appreciated.

New Member-April

post-34545-1165163921_thumb.jpg

I am in the process of looking to buy a GX470. I am wondering what the differences are in the 2003 and 2004 in terms of standard equipment. I have seen a few posts here regarding blue tooth being standard in the 2004? Is this not available in the 2003? Also, what kind of gas mileage do this things get in town? I currently have a RX300 and am getting around 17 in town. I also am definitely going to put some wheels on the car and was wondering what the biggest size I can go without modifying anything. I saw a post that said if you put 22's on it you had to cut some plastic or it would rub. I am probably going to go with 20's, but wanted to know what size tire I could still get on there. Any help would be appreciated.

New Member-April

When you meant standard equipment, the really really basic? No difference in 03 or 04 if you're talking about the most basic GX. Now Bluetooth became available, I believe is 04 if you get a GX w/NAV. Gas mileage depends on how well taken cared of the vehicle you are looking to purchase. If well kept and hasnt been abused, it should get you around sticker (around 13-15 in city, 18-20 in highway) IF you don't push on the gas a lot when accelerating. I'm not sure about the rims, someone else has more knowledge on that than me. <_<

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them. And BTW, Welcome to the club! :cheers:

P.S. on your attached photo of a GX, is that a White one(Blizzard Pearl), or a creamy white one (Sand Dollar Pearl)? It's kinda hard to tell the difference sometimes in the photos. :D

My buddy has some 22's from his 06' Escalade. I saw on a website the bolt pattern is the same??? Will these fit without any modifications? He has the rims, but no tires. I do not want to buy them and then buy tires and they not fit.

Help.