Fogged Up Windshield

My windshield fogs up really fast and defrost does barely anything to get rid of the fog. Theres 130k on the car, 1995 gs300. When I bought it at 108k, it didn't ever do this. There has been coolant I believe, or some kind of visible gas/fluid coming through my vents in the past. And recently, when I can my transmission coolant flushed, it got really bad. I cleaned all the fog off manually, and 10 mins later, it was getting fogged up again, even with the car off. I even once tried to block off all the defrost vents and the windshield still fogged up quickly. I've heard of this possibily being a heater core problem, any thoughts? thanks.

Sam

Two likely possibilities.

A. Your air conditioner is not working properly or at all. The A/C compressor must function with the defrost on, it normally turns itself on when defrost is selected.

Also make sure outside air is selected rather than recirculate. Selecting recirculate will not let the A/C remove moisture from the air inside the car as efficiently as outside air.

B. Your heater core may be leaking antifreeze. If this was the case, you should smell antifreeze inside the car. Additionally, you may notice a drop in coolant level.