Yokohama Yk520 Tires For Rx330

beckov

Hi,

It is time to replace tires on my wife's 2004 RX330. The original GY tires were OK, but not the great and last for only 36,000 miles. I am looking to install Yokohama YK520. Does anyone have any experience with this tires or have your own opinion? These tires advertised on Discount Tire Co., and rated very well on their web site. Thank you. :wacko:

Can't speak for the Yoko's. I just installed a set of the Bridgestone Alenza's on my 04 RX330. Far superior to the Michelin's that lasted only 33k miles. The Bridgestone ride smoother and handle better.

Can't speak for the Yoko's. I just installed a set of the Bridgestone Alenza's on my 04 RX330. Far superior to the Michelin's that lasted only 33k miles. The Bridgestone ride smoother and handle better. Got them from Discount Tire

• 1 month later...

On my wife's RX330, we just hit 72,500 and I don't plan on going back to the OEM Michelin's. I put replaced the factory tires at 40K and the tread is down to 5/32. I am also debating between the YK520 and the Bridgestone Alenza. I am leaning towards the Bridgestone at this time. Anyone else have experience with either?

The Alenzas have a 65,000 mile treadwear warranty. What treadwear warranty (if any) do the Yokohamas have? If they don't have one (like the Michelins) and they are priced about the same as the Alenzas, there's no contest over which tire to try next....

If the Firestone Destination LE tire was available for an 18-inch wheel, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I put a set on my wife's 2000 RX300 AWD (which we are selling tomorrow) almost 52,000 miles ago and they still have 3,000 to 5,000 miles left in them. They stick like glue in the rain and plow through medium snow without ever losing traction. They are about half the cost of the same size Alenza tire at tirerack.com. Best SUV/light truck tire I've ever had over the past 20+ years and that includes tires from Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Goodyear, Dunlop, and BF Goodrich. For those of you with 16 or 17-inch wheels, this is the only tire you'll ever need. I never thought I would own a Firestone tire again after their Ford Explorer fiasco about five or six years ago, but I did the research, took a chance on this set through tirerack.com, and I have to admit that Firestone really got everything right with the Destination LE and the guys at tirerack.com really know what they're talking about. They could have sold me the Alenzas but essentially said that the Destination LE was Firestone's version of the Alenza at about half the price. A number of my family and friends have purchased this tire on my recommendation and every single one of them has been surprised and pleased with just how good this tire is for the money. The Destination LE carries a 60,000 mile treadwear warranty....

The YK520 carries a 60K warranty and is $171 per tire, before the add-ons at Discount Tire.

After reading the reviews here and on tirerack, I will be getting the Alenza's.

Thanks for the info on the Destination LE, I will pass that on to some of my family members that have SUVs.

I am as interested in mileage on these tires, as I am with wet and snow drivability. I am also extremely interested in how much noise they make. I am disappointed in the amount of noise intrusion on rough surfaces from Michelins.

Anyone care to report on the noise of the various aftermarket tires for an '05?

I am as interested in mileage on these tires, as I am with wet and snow drivability. I am also extremely interested in how much noise they make. I am disappointed in the amount of noise intrusion on rough surfaces from Michelins.

Anyone care to report on the noise of the various aftermarket tires for an '05?

I just bought a set of the Bridgestone Alenzas for my wife's '04 330. We haven't noticed any difference in road noise, which, in a car as quiet as the 330, we shouldn't. Snow traction was quite good enough to get around in the snow and ice we had up in Seattle last month. As long as I didn't try to slide, or get stupid, they held the road well.

Rain traction has been good enough that I can't remember the last time we hydroplaned.

I would definitely buy these tires again. Cost me about $800 total for the set at Firestone.