Is This A Good Deal

LS430IS300ES300

The title says it all. I am negotiating with a local dealership on the purchase of a 2001 LS430. I being offered it at $37,000. It has 51k miles, and only major option is a navigation system. There are some scratches on the exterior but the dealer has promised to fix them before I take delivery. Do you think its a good deal? SHould I also ask Lexus to inspect it before I purchase it? According to Lexus' records the car was serviced at the dealer up to 42k miles, then it shows no more records.

The LS holds its value well, its one of the tops in resale out there. Thats a great price on the car, if it has the nav system then it also has the Mark Levinson stereo.

What kinda scratches are we talkin about?

We really have to have a talk about this Todd LOL. I replied into your other thread in the detailing forum.

A CLAY BAR WILL NOT REMOVE OR FILL IN *ANY* SCRATCHES.

The clay bar is for removing contaminants (dirt) from the paint. Its not abrasive, and it doesn't leave anything behind, so it wont do anything to scratches.

If the scratches are shallow enough they can be buffed out with an SMR.