97 Es300 - Breaking Vibration

as97es

I just bought my 1997 ES300 with 92K mi. It wasn't taken care of as perfectly as it should have been, and I have no service records of the vehicle. The car has never had any major issues/repairs, but I have a feeling a few may be due. The engine runs beautifuly smooth - acceleration is perfect. When I break however, the breaks let out a mild squeek, and the front of the car seems to vibrate.

In another thread, I was reccomended to either resurface or replace the rotors. I did a farily thorough search through the forums, and this seems like it may be the issue. Would a rotor resurfacing/replacement seem to fix this? Also, what would this repair cost at a dealer vs. an independent mechanic (such as midas).

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

I had, what seems to be, the same problem. As it turned out, it was my rotors that were warped. I paid about 280 for all new four rotors and and pads.

I have the same rotor issue now...at least this is what I was told was causing the vibration.

Yep, a clear indication of warped rotors. All OEM has them on sale for $32/each for both front and rear. You can get a decent deal on pads there, too. Changing them out is cake-work. If you've got a jack, jackstands, and simple tools (socket wrench set, tire iron), you can change them all out in about an hour. It should be no more than $100 in labor at a shop, so with parts that's about $280 in repairs... pretty much what Juno paid.

DEFINITELY ROTORS,

Just one thing to add, you can tell it is the front rotors because the steering wheel "vibrates" with the wheels, if you feel a vibration and NOT the steering wheel vibrating, it is the rear rotors.

or if you got the money, replace them all!!!!

Chrgerucd

Yep, a clear indication of warped rotors. All OEM has them on sale for $32/each for both front and rear. You can get a decent deal on pads there, too. Changing them out is cake-work. If you've got a jack, jackstands, and simple tools (socket wrench set, tire iron), you can change them all out in about an hour. It should be no more than $100 in labor at a shop, so with parts that's about $280 in repairs... pretty much what Juno paid.