Navi Volume

I have the nav volume set to around 5 and have the adaptive volume on. I also have the asl set on the radio. Shouldn't the navi mute the radio when it gives directions or at least be smart enough to know that it needs to speak louder? What are my options, not use the radio when I use nav or turn up the volume to 7 on nav so it blasts me out of the car when the radio is turned down? There has to be a better way :)

Well I don't play the radio that loud, volume around 36 or so. And while the radio gets slightly softer, maybe the one speaker going out, its still amost impossible to hear.

actually on your setting, what usually happens is the driver side speaker goes out (from radio) and switches to Navi. its plenty loud for me...

perhaps you should turn down the radio when you need directions.

Well I don't play the radio that loud, volume around 36 or so. And while the radio gets slightly softer, maybe the one speaker going out, its still amost impossible to hear.

actually on your setting, what usually happens is the driver side speaker goes out (from radio) and switches to Navi. its plenty loud for me...

perhaps you should turn down the radio when you need directions.

You probably don't want to hear this, but don't even use the nav voice. I find the screen is all I need :ph34r:

THIRTY SIX!!!! im not sure if the RX is different fron the hybrid version, but mine is kept around 10, max 18 and by that time, my ears are blowing off.

Its defintely different then, at 36, its not very loud, into the 40's it starts to get loud.

I can't use the screen because that interupts me from looking at the cool diagram showing me where the power is coming from. You know the one with the arrows on it. I think thats the coolest feature of the car, my wife gets so annoyed when I look at that screen.

THIRTY SIX!!!! im not sure if the RX is different fron the hybrid version, but mine is kept around 10, max 18 and by that time, my ears are blowing off.

Its defintely different then, at 36, its not very loud, into the 40's it starts to get loud.

I can't use the screen because that interupts me from looking at the cool diagram showing me where the power is coming from. You know the one with the arrows on it. I think thats the coolest feature of the car, my wife gets so annoyed when I look at that screen.

Rock On B)

You know you can get almost the same info displayed to you on the speedo LCD... hit DISP on the steering wheel a few times, you will find it.

The best part is your wife will never know that you are looking at it :whistles:

Yes, I know you can see the display, but then I can't see my average miles per gallon. I just wish it would mute the whole damn radio. I had it all the way at 7 for the volume and still you can't really hear it with the radio on.

Rock On B)

You know you can get almost the same info displayed to you on the speedo LCD... hit DISP on the steering wheel a few times, you will find it.

The best part is your wife will never know that you are looking at it :whistles:

• 2 weeks later...

oh forgot to mention, isnt there a button for the nav volume to be "Adaptive" as well?

Yes there is and I always have it on, can someone figure out what it does? I sure as heck can't, you'd think it would adjust it self so you can hear over the damn radio but it doesn't. I think it does nothing pretty much what ASL seems to do on the radio.

Mine works fine even at 36 !

If you're not too far from your dealer, why not try the system in one of their other cars to check if their nav speaker produces a better sound. You might find that there is a problem with your speaker/system. I tested mine at 42 and the system muted the music enough to make the nav guidance perfectly audible at a volume of only 4. (Mine is a UK vehicle from Japan but I do not think that makes a difference). Hope you get it sorted out.

yea, I think I will have them check it out next time I bring it in. Radio at 36 with the ASL on both the radio and navi volume and navi volume on 7 and its still not really loud enough. Thats just rediculous. Maybe something isn't quite right.