Quick Question On Preference

I have been doing a lot of research and am getting a new car soon, Lexus of course. I am trying to choose between a 05' ES330 or a 03" GS430. They both have pros and cons, just wanted more input from helpful people. Thanks

Good question, I have a 04 es 330 and love it, I was going to get a LS but choose the ES. I like front wheel drive, its less expesive to repair, If I bought the LS, it would have been older then my new ES at the time. I belive the LS has a better reliability record then the ES. Michigan winters can be bad, thats another reason I went with the ES. Both great cars, take your time, drive both, and have fun while youi make a decision. Have a great holiday!

Timothy

Thats what i orignally thought since I live in NY, the only thing that really stops me from buying an ES330 right away is the all too common transmission problems. I like the GS because of the room and power, but I dont like the gas mileage. I am going to try and test drive both and see what happens. Keep coming with more feedback guys! Thanks

Thats what i orignally thought since I live in NY, the only thing that really stops me from buying an ES330 right away is the all too common transmission problems. I like the GS because of the room and power, but I dont like the gas mileage. I am going to try and test drive both and see what happens. Keep coming with more feedback guys! Thanks

sorry about the mix up on the ls or gs, I did look at a 99 gs 300 great car too.I think the es and gs are close in size, take care.

Timothy

The test drive will tell. I have no problems with my transmission. I have experianced a loaner 04 with the hesitation - kinda reminded me of the turbo systems in the 80's. Seemed to lag when you stepped on it. I think some have the problem and some dont...

Gas milage: computer reads about 2.5 mpg below actual milage - this is fairly consistant. The actual city milage is 19.5-21 MPG and the hiway @80mph is 26 MPG, @70mph is 29.5 MPG.