1999 Rx300 Front Planatary Assembly

trinflorida

I bought my RX300 three months ago with 112,000 miles on it. I felt comfortable since Lexus was "suppose" to have a quality automobile and good customer service. In the three months I have had to replace the O2 sensor, air flow meter, air conditioning compressor, air conditioning dryer and now, due to the front planetary assembly, my transmission. The total cost has been in excess of $7000.00 in repairs in three months of owning this auto. I have read (after I bought the car) on the problems with the front planetary assembly (I had never heard of a front planetary assembly) and wondered what others have done to help Lexus pay for some of the repairs. I have contacted Lexus and they have declined to assist me (even though their computers show that the auto has been serviced regularly at the local Lexus dealer). I have filed a complaint with http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ and have also contacted a lawyer about a class action law suit since indications are that there have been a number of transmission failures in this year/model of Lexus. It looks like we will be moving forward. All I want from Lexus is some help with what I consider a "LEMON". Any advice would be appreciated. As an FYI, my last auto was a BMW 540I and I put 259,000 without any major problems. I wanted to try an SUV/Crossover. I guess this was a big mistake.

Class action suit settlement 100,000,000.00, owners get oil change, lawyers get 98,000,000.00. :D

Currently I have 116Kmiles on mine, as a preventative maintenance I drained the transmission fluid then dropped the transmission pan (18 scews) and then took out the filter and replaced with new one then re filled the trasmission with the toyota type iv fluid.

Investigate if the previous owners put the right fluid.

Try what I did above and see what happens :s

I bought my RX300 three months ago with 112,000 miles on it. I felt comfortable since Lexus was "suppose" to have a quality automobile and good customer service. In the three months I have had to replace the O2 sensor, air flow meter, air conditioning compressor, air conditioning dryer and now, due to the front planetary assembly, my transmission. The total cost has been in excess of $7000.00 in repairs in three months of owning this auto. I have read (after I bought the car) on the problems with the front planetary assembly (I had never heard of a front planetary assembly) and wondered what others have done to help Lexus pay for some of the repairs. I have contacted Lexus and they have declined to assist me (even though their computers show that the auto has been serviced regularly at the local Lexus dealer). I have filed a complaint with http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ and have also contacted a lawyer about a class action law suit since indications are that there have been a number of transmission failures in this year/model of Lexus. It looks like we will be moving forward. All I want from Lexus is some help with what I consider a "LEMON". Any advice would be appreciated. As an FYI, my last auto was a BMW 540I and I put 259,000 without any major problems. I wanted to try an SUV/Crossover. I guess this was a big mistake.

At this point I don't care if I get a penny. It is the principal at lack of customer service that I am so upset about. On top of all of the problems the vechilce has caused me, I put a call in 11 days ago for a supervisor from Customer Service to call me and am still waiting for a call (BTW I have called 4 additionial times without any response).

Class action suit settlement 100,000,000.00, owners get oil change, lawyers get 98,000,000.00. :D

The previuos owners had it serviced on a regular basis at the local Lexas dealer. The transmission fluid was pink (as it should be) but the transmission still went out.