Backing-up The Nav Dvd

amurillo

I had a nav disc go bad on me on a Nissan Max and it cost me several hundred to replace, I would like to avoid the same problem on my new ES350; How do I eject the disc to make a back-up? I got to the button on the screen to eject and you can hear the disc trying to get out but after about 8 seconds, the disc restarts and the map reappears. Any suggestions?

I had a nav disc go bad on me on a Nissan Max and it cost me several hundred to replace, I would like to avoid the same problem on my new ES350; How do I eject the disc to make a back-up? I got to the button on the screen to eject and you can hear the disc trying to get out but after about 8 seconds, the disc restarts and the map reappears. Any suggestions?

if you never remove the disc, are you not at least covered for the term of your basic warranty?

steviej

I wasn't covered by the Nissan Warranty, perhaps the Lexus is different; you never really find out until you ask a dealer to cover something under warranty. If it was a choice between backing-up my disc, which I could do easily, or pouring over my warranty or relying on what my dealer said my warranty covered it was an easy choice. Nothing evil in the air, just wanting to avoid repeating a bad expereince. Hope I don't have to cross that bridge later when I could have taken a different road.

Thanks for the feadback.

Well, the question remained - how do you get DVD Navigagion from the player? Is there one inside? Any time I am pushing the DVD Navigagion reject button it is actually looking for a DVD to be inserted. Does it mean that it is Hard Drive based Navigation system? Does it only use DVD's for upgrades?

Well, the question remained - how do you get DVD Navigagion from the player? Is there one inside? Any time I am pushing the DVD Navigagion reject button it is actually looking for a DVD to be inserted. Does it mean that it is Hard Drive based Navigation system? Does it only use DVD's for upgrades?

In your owners manual there is a description, with illustrations, how to remove the DVD Navigation disc.

The button you're pushing is to unload the CD's.

DVDChangeES350.jpg