Replacing Entire Front Suspension

lexus082

I am debating on whether or not to replace the springs when replacing the entire front suspension on my sc. They are 12 years old and thats what bothers me. I am the type to do the job right the first time... Should I replace the oem springs with new oem springs or should the springs be ok? I am installing new shocks, lower control arms, bump stops, dust boots for the shock, new upper mounts, new stabilizer bar bushings, and new end links. Should I replace the springs as well oem ($91 each side). 12 years of wear/185,000 miles???

I want to obtain a new car suspension and I plan to replace every component on the suspension front and rear in order to get the new car feel. I haven't decided on lowering my car yet. It would probably make a huge difference in handling, but I don't want to buy the springs and pay all that money for something I don't like after the install. I would probably get something made by Tein if I went that route. I just want to focus on replacing the suspension right now that I have to get the new car feel. Then I will go from there if I want to lower it or not. I think the car weighs 4,000 lbs and those springs have got to have some wear on them. Should I measure from the ground to the car's chassis to determine whether or not the springs are in good shape or not? I just want to replace the entire front and rear suspension and leave the worn springs that could affect the ride quality in the end.

tein S techs are good. but i believe they dont offer it for the SC. i think you can measure the spring once its off the car and that will determine if the spring is bad. and if your going to change all of your suspension components change your wheel bearings too. that will make the car very smooth. did on my LS after changing every single suspension arm and bushing.

Thanks for the tip, will do. I guess I'll have to check in the factory service manual to see if they list the length of the the springs. I hope it feels like a new car when I am finished. My suspension with a little less than 200,000 is feeling "old".

Is it difficult to change a wheel bearing? Would I need any special tools to complete that task? Thanks

I was debating on replacing my springs as well (one of my front springs sags ever so slightly). The sagging bothers me even though no one else seems to see it but me. The say I'm OCD or something. Anyways, I'm going to replace my suspension components next summer when I have some time off and I plan on replacing at least the front springs b/c of that one side sagging about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. I feel like my car leans a little. I think it will also help the cars tracking as it wanders right now a bit. A reputable suspension shop told me all my parts are in good condition, but I believe I would benefit from all new parts.