At Code 63

I have a 92 sc400 at and recently I have been having my od light blink after I drive the car for about a half an hour or more. The car also seems to shift funny from first to second. When I check for transmission codes I get a 63, which tells me it is a no. 2 solenoid. Can anyone give me help with some advice, and if anyone can tell me the part # for it as well? Thank You

There could be a couple things wrong with this code. Check your all your plugs going into the tranny, second your solenoid and third your ecu. Most likely you will need a # 2 solenoid. This solenoid is located in the valvebody. If you don't know what you are doing you can say bye bye to your valvebody.

JPI

I checked all the plugs and they all seem connected. I was planning on buying a new one. Just wondering how much it cost. I called the parts department and the parts guy said that he could not find it in the computer. Do you or anyone else know the part number? Also, is the solenoid located behind the oil pan tranny? I have a really crappy cd manual I bought off of ebay and it does not show me too much detail. thanks

:unsure: I have a 92 SC 300. Mine is doing the same thing! It is real sluggish upon acceleration. Has no power :angry: I am waiting for a solution to my problem also. I have finally found a transmission place other than a LEXUS dealer, that has the cartridge to scan my lexus. I read in the owners manual, that if the OD light is blinking that it was a tranny related problem.

• 7 years later...