5w-20 In A Gs300?

It probably won't hurt, but as Lexus clearly recommends 5W-30, why run anything different? If you have access to cheap 5W-20 it would be false economy to run the stuff when the right stuff costs a bit more. Ford and Honda types use the 5W-20. Sell it to them.

I only asked cause the people at monro used it as a substitute because they ran out of what i asked for. I read elsewhere that toyota approved 5w-20 for use in their engines. Its posted somewhere on here. Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate the help.

I just did some checking and a Toyota service bulletin from earlier this year has indicated that many of their engines now require ILSAC GF-4 oil of 5W-20 for the 2006 and 2007 model years. They caution that 5W-20 should NOT be used in earlier engines due to excessive oil consumption and "customer reported unusual engine noises". Maybe you should go back to the folks that filled your engine and insist they change it to 5W-30.

They're using it on some newer engines to tweak out a little better fleet average gas mileage. Same for Honda and Ford. While it probably wouldn't hurt to run till the next oil change, I'd rather stick with what's recommended just in case. Better to be on the safe side.