Trac Off / Engine Warning Light

Dantheman

Hi I am a newbie on this post and I would like to ask all of you ls 400 owner about my problem..

Since maybe a month, the track-off and engine warning light came on. I went to the Lexus dealer $ $ $ $ about this problem and they told me that I need to replace my oxygen sensor. So when he told me it would cost around a 1000$ CDN to be fix I back off. Since then the lights come on and off 2 to 3 time per week sometime stay on for few days (3-4) then come off (1-2) day. So I think maybe its not the oxygen sensor and maybe it is something else. Or maybe he is right. Did someone of you ever came with this problem??? I need help.

Dantheman

My 91 LS has done this now and again, seems to happen mostly when it's damp out and I'm sitting at a stop light. I think there's two O2 sensors, I was going to replace mine ($150.00 for both at the auto store), but the problem seems to go away when I run good gas and it's not damp out. It doesn't seem to hard to do it yourself, as anyone done this repair?

Try putting some HEET in your gas tank to get rid of excess water. You can get it anywhere. I even saw it at Safeway in the automotive section. Try not to buy auto stuff at Safeway, they're way too expensive.

Rubbing alcohol is the same thing as HEET in more concenrtrated form. You should really just buy that and save some money. It will bring the water and gas together so it can be burned off. Gas floats to the top of water, it's lite. Always pump supreme into your vehicle.

I have a similar problem. My trac off light came on 2 days after i made a tune up to the car. I change the oil, oil filter, spark plugs, wires, pcv valve, air filter, fuel filter, ignition caps, rotors and brakes

Lexus dealer told my is the crank sensor and the want to charge my $700+ for the fix. Those anyone know the part # for the crank sensor of a '95 ls400? or where to get the part#?

www.newlexusparts.com

check this place out. i'm sure you can get it cheaper over there but most part of those 700$ they are askin is labor. it will take almost a day to dissasemble everything and put it back together

• 1 year later...

Me again...

Well, last week I found a recycler 5 miles from here who got a nice 1994 green Ls400 who at roll up up the the ditch.

So I bought the 2 oxygen sensor there was on that car for $100. and had them installed for $25.

End of the problem.

Made at least 600Kml since and no more warning light.

An other good thing done.