Replacing Stock Stereo

Greetings-

I am about to replace my stock radio with another stock radio that I was able to find at a junkyard. It is on an ES300, '92.

...a bit of history...my CD changer died, and I though that I might be able to fix it...haha. So I took it out, and in the process of putting it back in, something must have shorted. I initially though that I must have burned a fuse, but checked them all as they were fine. I checked the Amp, thinking that I might have burnt it, but it was fine. So my next step is to replace the stock stereo unit with another stock unit.

My concern as follow:

-would I still be able to start my car if it asked for code for the radio?

-if it does request a code, I should be able to contact the dealer with a VIN number and request a code?

marck

the code was an owner installed code so dealer or factory would have no knowledge of it. very few lexus owners installed a code. I HAVE ONLY ENCOUNTERED 1 CODED RADIO EVRY 100 LEXUS RADIOS. I HAVE A MASTER CODE NUMBER BUT HAVE NEVER TRIED IT. EMAIL ME AT PIOCDX@HOTMAIL.COM IF YOU NEED THE MASTER CODE THAT IS SUPPOSED TO TURN ON THE RADIO NO MATTER WHICH CODE HAS BEEN ENTERED.

if you have the master code then it will open it most of the time.if not the dealer should still be able to open it because of a certin code on the back of the radio that they look up and find the proper master code for it.i did this before and the dealer opened it for me on a ford.not sure about lexus but i think there all the same.