Gps

eddieooo

After some searching, I have concluded that my 2002 is a Gen 2 or 3 system and Eddieooo would be a Gen 4 so we would require different discs, but both could use version 5.1 which was released in Jan of '06. Update seems to be a plug and play installation as long as you have the correct generation disc for your car. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, otherwise I hope that helps Eddieooo.

Joel

After some searching, I have concluded that my 2002 is a Gen 2 or 3 system and Eddieooo would be a Gen 4 so we would require different discs, but both could use version 5.1 which was released in Jan of '06. Update seems to be a plug and play installation as long as you have the correct generation disc for your car. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, otherwise I hope that helps Eddieooo.

Joel

Joel,,,Does the dealer do it or can it be done at a local shop or "do it yourself"? Does anyone know the process? Thanks...Eddie

• 2 months later...

On my Mercedes, the navigation data disk also contained software. So, the functionality, within the limits of the hardware, would change - hopefully improve - with database upgrades. Does it work this way with the Lexus?

pop-out the old DVD and pop in the new one, that's it. Dont shut off the car or do anything at all till the system is loaded, about 25 seconds. Direction come withy it when you buy it from www.lexusparts.com for $300.

Kevin

On my Mercedes, the navigation data disk also contained software. So, the functionality, within the limits of the hardware, would change - hopefully improve - with database upgrades. Does it work this way with the Lexus?

I just bought a 2002 SC430 and would also like to update the Navigation system because it is missing a lot of the streets where I live in New Mexico. Does anyone know how new I can go on the updates?

I recently updated my 2002 SC 430 with the latest DVD which was released Nov 2006 from the original DVD in the system (2000 version). It was very easy to install, just remove the old one and insert the new one while the nav system has power and let it do its own thing. It will automatically upgrade the software as well. You won't be able to go back to your old system though, but who would want to with all the improvements to the Nov 2006 version?

I live in Fayetteville, NC and it has many streets in the new version that I didn't even think would be in there, well worth the $300 to upgrade.

Jim

I just bought a 2002 SC430 and would also like to update the Navigation system because it is missing a lot of the streets where I live in New Mexico. Does anyone know how new I can go on the updates?

I recently updated my 2002 SC 430 with the latest DVD which was released Nov 2006 from the original DVD in the system (2000 version). It was very easy to install, just remove the old one and insert the new one while the nav system has power and let it do its own thing. It will automatically upgrade the software as well. You won't be able to go back to your old system though, but who would want to with all the improvements to the Nov 2006 version?

I live in Fayetteville, NC and it has many streets in the new version that I didn't even think would be in there, well worth the $300 to upgrade.

Jim

When the software upgrade on the new DVDs kicks in, does the software change the look of the screen so that the background color on the map automatically goes from white to black at nighttime? This is a great feature of more recent versions of the navigation system, as in my wife's 2005 RX330. But my 2003 SC430 does not have that feature. The white background on the maps at night is almost blinding. Before I upgrade the navigation system, I want to be sure that the new DVDs will give me this very valuable feature for nighttime driving. Thanks in advance for your answer. Michael

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Michael,

It sure does. Whether your headlights are in auto mode or regular, the nav system background automatically changes. I thought that was standard, but apparently not. It works great and goes back and forth as necessary. At dusk it could be white, hit a shady/darker area and it goes dark, then back to the light and white again.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Hoping someone here can help out with this one. Have a 2002 SC430. Want to upgrade to the newest nav. disc. I currently have version 3.1 and want to get 6.1. Has anyone tried to make a copy with a DVD backup program and use the backup disc? I'm a bit worried to try this. If I make a copy, and upgrade my nav. system with the copy, and it doesn't work, will it mess up my OS, so my original copy won't work? Then, I wouldn't be able to go back to my older version either.

Also, does the newest version (I'm assuming it's 6.1) have the 'secret' debug menu? I love being able to override my current navigation system so I can use all the features when the car is in motion.

What's the 'secret' debug menu? Can you share it? Thanks, -Rich

Hoping someone here can help out with this one. Have a 2002 SC430. Want to upgrade to the newest nav. disc. I currently have version 3.1 and want to get 6.1. Has anyone tried to make a copy with a DVD backup program and use the backup disc? I'm a bit worried to try this. If I make a copy, and upgrade my nav. system with the copy, and it doesn't work, will it mess up my OS, so my original copy won't work? Then, I wouldn't be able to go back to my older version either.

Also, does the newest version (I'm assuming it's 6.1) have the 'secret' debug menu? I love being able to override my current navigation system so I can use all the features when the car is in motion.

The secret 'debug' menu allows you to use all of the features of the nav. system while the car is in motion. Meaning, you can enter addresses and destinations and display ALL of the POI's while you are actually driving. Every feature of the nav. system that you can use while the car is stopped, now becomes available while the car is in motion. The debug diag menu also has 6 or 7 other features that I have no idea what they do, and frankly am scared to try them. Some of them include, "Dump", "Position", "Version", "Fill". Don't know what any of these do. If anyone knows what they do, let me know! The only feature I ever use is, "Override Drive". I actually have version 4.1, not 3.1.

Is the debug menu on version 6.1???

• 4 weeks later...

The secret 'debug' menu allows you to use all of the features of the nav. system while the car is in motion. Meaning, you can enter addresses and destinations and display ALL of the POI's while you are actually driving. Every feature of the nav. system that you can use while the car is stopped, now becomes available while the car is in motion. The debug diag menu also has 6 or 7 other features that I have no idea what they do, and frankly am scared to try them. Some of them include, "Dump", "Position", "Version", "Fill". Don't know what any of these do. If anyone knows what they do, let me know! The only feature I ever use is, "Override Drive". I actually have version 4.1, not 3.1.

Is the debug menu on version 6.1???

how do you get into the debug menu on the SC430 and get to the override feature?

Thanks.

Deric

Michael,

It sure does. Whether your headlights are in auto mode or regular, the nav system background automatically changes. I thought that was standard, but apparently not. It works great and goes back and forth as necessary. At dusk it could be white, hit a shady/darker area and it goes dark, then back to the light and white again.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Jim: Thanks a lot for the good info. I'll go get the new DVDs. The glaring white screen at night has beenthe only thing I do not like about the car. Glad that will be fixed. Thanks much.

Michael

• 2 months later...
I have these copies available

The part numbers are as follows for V6.1:

00110-DVD06-CY GEN 3

00110-DVD06-GEN5 GEN 5

Contact me via PM for more info.

I am interested in a PT219-GEN23 disc for my ls 430 2001 model.

Please let me know how much it is.. thanks

mujbari@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...
I have these copies available for Toyota & Lexus

00110-DVD06-CY GEN 3 = Lexus Part Number PT219-GEN23-01

00110-DVD06-GEN5 GEN 5 = Lexus Part Number PT219-GEN05-01

Can you send me information on 00110-DVD06-CY GEN 3?

martinezcl@yahoo.com

Thanks

Hi, can you please email me the price for the disc for my 2001 ls 430

mujbari@yahoo.com

thanks

• 3 months later...

Jim

please email me a copy to

coveredcalls@email.com

thank you very much

• 2 months later...
I have these copies available

00110-DVD06-CY GEN 3

00110-DVD06-GEN5 GEN 5

Tony,

I have a 2002 SC430 that has never had its GPS updated. How do I get a copy of V6.1 that you mentioned above?

• 1 month later...

Can you please send me information on 00110-DVD06-CY GEN 3 (2002 sc430)?

arashbaratloo [at] yahoo.com

Thanks