What Is The Correct Tire Pressure

Ronalder

I have a set of 245/35/20 on my gs300. What is the correct tire pressure. The wheels were shipped with 40 PSI but is this the correct PSI for daily driving?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I have a set of 245/35/20 on my gs300. What is the correct tire pressure. The wheels were shipped with 40 PSI but is this the correct PSI for daily driving?

In general I usually run 4-5 lbs below the max listed on the sidewall of the tire.

On my 16" Michies I go 4 lbs below max so I am riding at 32 psi.

On my 18" GY Eagles I am 5 lbs below max so I am riding at 45 psi.

both these levels give a smooth and quiet ride.

steviej

• 4 weeks later...

Michelin 235/55R18 on my RX 400h. Max PSI is 44, recommended psi is 30 and I currently have them at 38, which is what they were at when I brought the car home from the dealership. I wouldnt mind increasing the psi by 2 or so in an effort to maximize gas mileage.

There's no clearcut answer because so much depends upon the make and model of the tire, the vehicle it is mounted on, the driving style of the owner, and the seasonal conditions that the tire must perform in.

On my wife's 2000 RX300 AWD, I'm currently running 225/70/16 Firestone Destination LE SUV tires. Maximum pressure is rated to be 44 psi but these tires seem to handle best at 37 to 38 psi so that's what I keep them at. They've been a great all-around tire for the money and currently have about 43,000 miles on them. I believe they'll get between 55,000 and 60,000 miles, so their 60K mileage rating will prove to be fairly accurate for this particular application.

On my 1999 Dodge Ram pick-up, I'm currently running 275/70/16 Dunlop Radial Rover A/T truck tires. Maximum pressure is rated at 35 psi but these tires seem to handle best at 32 to 33 psi so that's what I keep them at. As a truck tire, I've loved the Radial Rover for many years and have used them on all of our previous Jeep Grand Cherokees as well as my previous Dodge Durango. My Ram tires currently have about 18,000 miles on them and they'll probably get about 40,000 to 45,000 miles. Keep in mind that my Ram is a 5.9 litre V8, extremely quick and fast, and it will therefore burn through a tire faster than most vehicles, even the heavy-duty truck tires like this particular set of Radial Rovers.

So experiment with your pressures and determine what works best for you. Regardless of what pressure you settle on, the most important thing to do is to check your tire pressures every week, first thing in the morning before the vehicle has been driven. Keep your tire pressures up, rotate regularly, and your tires will last their intended lifespan for you.