Another Failure In The Rear Suspension Height Sensor

smaislin

A year ago it failed and ended up bottomed out. This time it failed and ended up at its highest point. With 5000 miles left of warranty on the 2004, I hope this is the last time this rear suspension acts up. It's a wonderful feature and I hope this sensor situation ends up just being some really bad luck.

The dealer fixed it as they did before and all is well now. Service is always perfect.

A year ago it failed and ended up bottomed out. This time it failed and ended up at its highest point. With 5000 miles left of warranty on the 2004, I hope this is the last time this rear suspension acts up. It's a wonderful feature and I hope this sensor situation ends up just being some really bad luck.

The dealer fixed it as they did before and all is well now. Service is always perfect.

Can you gives us more details on your problem? What exactly happened and what was fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

Not to change the topic, but I've noticed that my vehicle when I park it and turn it off it lowers it's self? Is that normal? I haven't played with the height adjustment to much...but I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that at all on its own. The height that it resets it's self seems to be the normal height. I currently have the height adjustment set at "N".

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the vehicle was supposed to lower it's self depending on the speed. Example, if you’re on a highway doing about 100KM/Hr the car is supposed to lower it's self. Like I said not sure if this is true...and when your speed changes to say 50KM/Hr the vehicle goes back to its normal height.

Well just asking. Fortunately, I haven't had any problem such as yours smaislin.