Heeeeeeeeeeelp!

Hi everybody: I'm an Italian member of the UK chapter of LOC, and I'd be grateful if you could provide some advice.

Here's the story a of a very stupid guy:

was waiting for wife and kids in the car (rx 300 mark I) and I thought about going through the menu of the sat nav, just out of curiosity. Please notice that unfortunately I don't have the instruction manual of the dvd sat nav unit.

The last option of the menu is something I would translate in English as "calibration" or "setting".

Obviously, I thought to give it a try... cry.gif

From then on, the sat nav has become inaccurate: it just seems not to pick up the correct position of the car.

I've tried this option several times by now, but I'm having troubles, also because of the lack of instructions.

First of all, I assume you have to be still to caliber the unit: is it so?

And just how long does it take? I've been waiting for 4/5 minutes, but the (for a reason or the other), I always abort the operation (also because it's not really easy to park an RX in the middle of a crossroad so to pinpoint the correct position...).

And what about the following option concerning wheels? Is that to let the system know the size of the tires?

Please, please help me! The nav was working like clockwork before, I just can't believe I did this! cry.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody: I'm an Italian member of the UK chapter of LOC, and I'd be grateful if you could provide some advice.

Here's the story a of a very stupid guy:

was waiting for wife and kids in the car (rx 300 mark I) and I thought about going through the menu of the sat nav, just out of curiosity. Please notice that unfortunately I don't have the instruction manual of the dvd sat nav unit.

The last option of the menu is something I would translate in English as "calibration" or "setting".

Obviously, I thought to give it a try... cry.gif

From then on, the sat nav has become inaccurate: it just seems not to pick up the correct position of the car.

I've tried this option several times by now, but I'm having troubles, also because of the lack of instructions.

First of all, I assume you have to be still to caliber the unit: is it so?

And just how long does it take? I've been waiting for 4/5 minutes, but the (for a reason or the other), I always abort the operation (also because it's not really easy to park an RX in the middle of a crossroad so to pinpoint the correct position...).

And what about the following option concerning wheels? Is that to let the system know the size of the tires?

Please, please help me! The nav was working like clockwork before, I just can't believe I did this! cry.gif

Unless you want to buy a new navigation ECU, you need to visit your local Lexus dealership and have the local FTS bring in a SDRAM clear disc to reset your navigation ECU.

I would give a local dealer a call and they should be able to give you an idea over the phone . I thought it would just need to be calibrated again.

In North America when you register the vehicle with Lexus you can ask for a free manual to be mailed to you.

The tire size thing is for you changing to winter rims or others to keep the vehicle speed sensor accurate in rotations.