Passenger Seat Rattles

CanadaCraig

Is it rattling because the leather of the seat is rubbing on the leather of the arm rest? Mine does that, and it drives me insane. Dealership installed a new passenger seat belt, and the seat shifted a little to the center. If the seat is actually loose, like it shifts maybe 1/8th inch when turning, then it's the tiny little plastic bushings in the track. Dealership says they don't sell just those bushings anymore, but rather the entire piece, at like $325 bucks.

Is it rattling because the leather of the seat is rubbing on the leather of the arm rest? Mine does that, and it drives me insane.
It's good to know that I am not the only one who has spent time at the asylum because of this. ;) After a while, I'll open the upper console lid or shove some magazines b/n the seat and console to make it stop because I truly can't take it another second. I've always thought tha the cars that have little cloth inserts between the seat and console lid were cheap, but what a treat it would be to have that!

Craig, I'd start by checking for a loose bolt at one of the seat's 4 mounting points, seat belt, or something under the seat like the amp or a/c duct.