1995 Ls 180k

MrPink

My father bought his LS in 96 with 25K on it. He now has 180K and has never done any of the recommeded work. All he's ever done is a tranny service!!! No plugs, no wires, throtle body cleaning, nothing but engine oil.

I just bought a 93 and plan on doing the services. Just wondering if anyone else has had luck like this.

I didn't do the plugs/wires/throttle body cleaning until my '95 was deep in to the 200,000's. I found that cleaning the sludge off of the tb made no difference at all, but changing the plugs/wires/caps/rotors made a nice improvement. She's still running great even with 285K miles. :D

My father bought his LS in 96 with 25K on it. He now has 180K and has never done any of the recommeded work. All he's ever done is a tranny service!!! No plugs, no wires, throtle body cleaning, nothing but engine oil.

I just bought a 93 and plan on doing the services. Just wondering if anyone else has had luck like this.

Pink:

Uhhhh.........I'd like to suggest Timing belt & Water pump................. :whistles:

Sad but about the same. Just fixed the front brakes and will get to the engine next.

I have an idel issue when cold. Runs like it's on 7 not 8, but then goes away as soon as the engine gets warm about 3min.

I there a way for a good tech to chase down the proble, ie. drivers side coil? Some thing of that sort.

Not sure if chasing down the problem will solve it. I believe the Idling high is common amongst Older cars and is related to the ECU wanting more from the engine. You might want to check it out during summer and see if it takes less time