Do Anyone Have Any Experience With Lexus A Touch Of Class

fay31

I just purchased a 2004 Lexus ES 330 and I am thinking about purchasing the "The Touch of Class" Package from the dealer. I just wanted to know if anyone else has done this, and what kind of experience they had. It may go by a different name from other dealers, but it's the process in which they seal the paint, the leather, and the fabric.

It has a lot of barganing potential because of what it is. It's nothing more than a generic low quality synthetic wax that will completely wear off the paint in 3-4 months. $5 worth of product, 10-15 min worth of labor, and most dealerships sell such products at $500-$1000. The same goes for the leather. It's nothing more than a quick application of a conditioner.

It's one of the oldest tricks in the book to make an obviously phenominal profit.

No dealer level paint sealer is worth anything. A wax by any other name is still a wax. Dealers of all OEM's have been pulling the paint sealing scheme for decades. It's a rip-off. There is no way to "seal" paint. The only way to do that would be buying one of the protection films from a company like 3M, and having it applied. Clear bra's to keep rocks from chipping the front surfaces of the car.

It is a rip-off, and it is a money making scheme.

Better, would be learning how to care for your paint in the first place. (Autopia.org)

For long-term applications, you can't beat Klasse. It was the first, and only one of a handful of acrylic based waxes. It doesn't just look great once the sealant/glaze is put on the second time (Akin to a good wet, deep carnauba wax, unlike reflective synthetic waxes). It is a very quick process, and will bead water for months.

Lexol can't be beat for a leather claener, and conditioner. (It is not a Lexus product, don't get confused.) Buy the cleaner & conditioner in 3L jugs online. That should last for years.

To reiderate. If there were any way on Earth to seal paint, it would be done by every manufacturer, at the assembly line. Not by dealers for a few dollars worth of wax...

Its your money, but if you bite into it, you are getting ripped off huge.

Yes, but if they gurantee the leather won't crack or fade and guarantee the fabric won't hold stains, and that tar, bugs whatever won't discolor the paint, then isn't this really an insurance policy? And if you approach it from that stand point, will they stand behind the guarantee? And if they stand behind the guarantee then would it not be acceptable to do this?

Given that I think it makes sense to do it, and I will. I know I parked my Mercedes at a friend's house when I went out of town for several days, and when I got back there was sap on the car that never completely came out. So I would have loved to have had that kind of set up with that car.