Sealing The Acv On A '91

godpossessed

Thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction to replace the air control valve on my power steering pump. I'm sure this will solve my dissappearing fluid/white smoke problem.

Question: When installing the new ACV, do I used a thread sealant of any kind? (Teflon tape, locktite, etc..)

thanks

Mark

Thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction to replace the air control valve on my power steering pump. I'm sure this will solve my dissappearing fluid/white smoke problem.

Question: When installing the new ACV, do I used a thread sealant of any kind? (Teflon tape, locktite, etc..)

thanks

Mark

Mark:

I don't think that's necessary, but teflon tape probably won't hurt anything. I don't remember if I put anything on mine when I replaced it or not.

Let's see what others have to say.....

Well I did the job today and it wasn't too difficult. I did use teflon tape on the threads. Put the front of the car on stands. A 10mm socket for the bolts that hold the engine splash guard on. Remove the air filter ducting and MAS/hoses to let a little light in and, using a 17mm wrench, remove the P/S line next to the ACV (don't forget the catch bucket!). Crawl und the car and squeeze the hose clamps on the ACV hoses with your fingers to slide them up. Remove hoses. Take your 17mm wrench and remove the old ACV and reinstall all in reverse order. Took about 45 minutes.

thanks again

Mark

Well I did the job today and it wasn't too difficult. I did use teflon tape on the threads. Put the front of the car on stands. A 10mm socket for the bolts that hold the engine splash guard on. Remove the air filter ducting and MAS/hoses to let a little light in and, using a 17mm wrench, remove the P/S line next to the ACV (don't forget the catch bucket!). Crawl und the car and squeeze the hose clamps on the ACV hoses with your fingers to slide them up. Remove hoses. Take your 17mm wrench and remove the old ACV and reinstall all in reverse order. Took about 45 minutes.

thanks again

Mark

Mark:

That should take care of your white smoke issue, but let us know for sure :D

Thanks