Sc 300 Has A Hiccup

twodmax

When sittin at stoplight with car in gear i have noticed a slight miss. It seems to stop when i shift to neutral. I check tranny fluid and it looks good (nice wine color). Car does not miss any other time. I have new plugs. Any thoughts- my third post, no response on first two, I'm feeling neglected :(

When sittin at stoplight with car in gear i have noticed a slight miss. It seems to stop when i shift to neutral. I check tranny fluid and it looks good (nice wine color). Car does not miss any other time. I have new plugs. Any thoughts- my third post, no response on first two, I'm feeling neglected :(

Could this be my day, put a can of Sea Foam in tank and have not felt the miss. Maybe injectors needed a bath. Car has 136,000 miles.

Could this be my day, put a can of Sea Foam in tank and have not felt the miss. Maybe injectors needed a bath. Car has 136,000 miles.

still missing, only in drive though when stopped. The tach shows nothing abnormal. I have read on this forum others with same problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

still missing, only in drive though when stopped. The tach shows nothing abnormal. I have read on this forum others with same problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sorry for the late response.

Can't really think of what might cause that. When was the last time you completed a 60 or 90K service?

I think you should get underneath the car. Look for leaks near the transfer case, and under the engine itself.