Paint Peeling Off Bumper

I own a 2003 GS300 - Onyx Black- And the paint is peeling off the front bumper. There are a half a dozen places where it has peeled 3 to 4 inch round spots. Plus a large peeling on the lower left corner.

Is this common? Would it be easy to touch up with spray primer and cover coats? I would worry about getting it level with what hasn't peeled off (yet).

Would this be covered by any Lexus warranty? I have never had paint peel off any car I have ever owned!

Thanks!

That is not Lexus paint, and is probably not anything covered by warranty. It sounds like the bumper was painted at some time and the body shop did it incorrectly. There are only a few issues that I have ever seen when it comes to warranty paint problems on a Lexus, and unless your car is an early or mid 90's SC black, or a white ES300 from maybe late 90's or a Smoky Topaz (Light purple) LX470, I have never really seen any other paint issues that were covered by warranty.

If you are a great customer of your dealership and you bought the car new and you can argue like a trial lawyer, then you may get a service manager to participate somewhat in correcting the problem, but I would highly doubt they would do it.

Bumper needs to be stripped and repainted at the very least to look brand new again.