Rpm Too High, Knock In The Rear..help!

gloomy

hello all,

i'm having 2 major problems with my car at the moment.

the first is the knock in the rear wheel area. i have changed both boshings like 2 days ago, the ride si much smoother but the noiose persists.

the fatser i go the louder and more voilent the sound gets... it doesnt really shake the car or anything... just a loud helicopter like noise thats extremely annoying... i should also mention that the noise only comes between 45-70 mph. nothing while braking as i just changed rotors and calipers... also brand new strut assemblies.

the mechanic that did the job pointed out a a bushing that had some play in it

its bushing 4/5 from the image. could that be whats causing the knocking?

if so, where can i find this bushing?, can i do the job myself?

2nd problem is my RPM is a little out of range.

40@2000RPM

50@2250RPM

60@2500RPM

70@3000RPM

i usually dont drive much faster than 70....(conservative i know ):geek:

2 weeks ago my RPMs were fine... i just happened to notice this while driving yesterday.... i know i need an oilchange, but any ideas whats causing this?

thanks ahead of time :cheers:post-3960-1140752653_thumb.jpg

what kind of car do you have?

what bushings in the rear did you change?

if you replaced the stabilizer bar bushings already, than i'd be looking at the lateral links.

i hve a 1993 ES, i recently changed the stabilizer bar bushing, also i just changed the rotors, calipers and pads on both sides, also both rear struts.

if it were my lateral link, would it be something they would have picked up after my alignment?... they never mentioned anything... but i'll take it in again.

thanks for the help

what kind of car do you have?

what bushings in the rear did you change?

if you replaced the stabilizer bar bushings already, than i'd be looking at the lateral links.

i hve a 1993 ES, i recently changed the stabilizer bar bushing, also i just changed the rotors, calipers and pads on both sides, also both rear struts.

if it were my lateral link, would it be something they would have picked up after my alignment?... they never mentioned anything... but i'll take it in again.

thanks for the help

they should of looked at them, but that doesn't mean they did.

wow, your tires were that bad to cause a noise like that and they didn't see it the 1st time around :o

funny thing is i had all 4 balanced and aligned when i did my struts. so they discounted the price of all that from the tires and gave me a free alignment... so at least i got something from the experience B) .