Rear Knuckle Bushing

lexus400

Thanks, I found that but I can't figure out which one I need. They were no help and I even emailed the pic in my post. Do you know off hand ? I've heard it referred to as a "knuckle bushing", "control arm bushing", etc., and can't get a clear answer.

It'll be easier to install than find it !

Bob

I will email your picture and ask the question to my service tech buddy at the dealership. I know they use the ASUS bushing repair kit for the rear carriers, so they'll probably know for the control arm too....i'll post up the answer when I hear back....

I can confirm, you are correct. It is the ASUS 583 bushing for that part. Just got off the phone with the tech at Johnson Lexus who works on my car, also know as "God" over there, and he double checked. They get theirs from a company in California called Armstrong. Says something when a true dealership uses these parts for repairs as well! Johnson Lexus of Raleigh...once again...comes through.. Let us know how difficult a job it is to install these, I might do the same in the future. Heck, at this point, why not? :cheers:

• 3 years later...

Sorry I know I'm bumping an uber old thread here...

I own an IS300 and encountering similar problems to you in regards to the rear carrier (or knuckle) bushing that connects to the lower control arm which is the same piece you're talking about here in this thread relating to your LS400.

In any case, I did some digging into Armstrong and they seem to sell the IS 300 Rear Carrier Bushing.

Can anyone provide their input on parts from Armstrong in terms of quality relative to OEM and whether this has solved their suspension problems?

Thanks!

The ADUS bushing is urethane, so it's stiffer than the OE rubber one. That also means it's more durable, giving you longer life. Only downside is noise, they need to be greased once in a while to keep from squeaking. I have a pair ready to go in my LS when I have the time, as my OE bushings are completely destroyed.