Ls600h L

Rx330driver

the LS is getting a lot of hype because its coming out in September. Lexus promised that the hybrid will have more than 430 horsepower. Every since they said that, i thought to myself, they are putting ina 5.0 liter engine, probably gives more than the 4.6 (380hp) so why would it only be a 50 hp increase plus the hybrid motors. well i dont know if this source is accurate, because there would have been more headlines...but...

Total horsepower output: 444 BHP

EPA Mileage: 24.7 mph (website says 29.4 because it is in imperial gallons)

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/2006/august/28/11161.asp

Because electric motors put out far more torque than horsepower.

Everyone always gets all hopped up about horsepower, but really its torque that gets you going off the line.

Exactly! Didnt I already mention about torque somewhere? Im guessing it was in one of the model forums...:)

I read in the September issue of Road and Track, that there is some concept car, based off the LS460, that's going to be the "super car" of Lexus? Something like 400 or 500 HP and costs around $120,000??? I tried to find it on the Road and Track website but couldn't. If you guys could get a copy of the September Road and Track, check it out! ;) I think it's called like LS650.

no, its called LF-A supercar

Could be. Idk. I'll go check out the magazine again. I didnt buy it, but i just saw it in our school library which I normally read (practically the only thing i'll read in a library, aside from required books, lol. :whistles: ) so usually I'm up to date on the scoop. ;)