02 Stock Deck Removal? Help!

copy252

• 5 weeks later...

hi! ima noob to the owners club and i have a 2002 lexus es300. im looking to add an amp and some subs to my car but i cant get the deck out to run the remote and rca's! HELP!!! thanks ppl!

can someone just let me know what to do to get the stock deck out? i tug and tug but the clips dont seem to want to budge! is there some screws or bolts somewhere? PLEASE HELP!

hi! ima noob to the owners club and i have a 2002 lexus es300. im looking to add an amp and some subs to my car but i cant get the deck out to run the remote and rca's! HELP!!! thanks ppl!

can someone just let me know what to do to get the stock deck out? i tug and tug but the clips dont seem to want to budge! is there some screws or bolts somewhere? PLEASE HELP!

I have a 00. Don't know if they're exactly the same or not.

I saw a thread at the top of the forum for FSM - field service manuals.

I pulled a 97 and 02 for reference on my '00.

The center dash/radio removal was incorrect!

For my 00:

the wood strip below the radio, but above the ashtray is about a half inch wide by 6 or so inches long.

On the underside there are reliefs in the bottom about 1 inch in from each side as this part touches the dash.

(bottom of the part, furthest forward of that part) I have a small pick set. I used a 90 degree bent pick.

You could bend a paperclip to grab it. I didn't know till I pried the side of the part how it REALLY came out.

Both ways will work, I personally would tape up any tool to prevent scratches.

SO, there are two press-in clips that hold this part in place. grab the part in the reliefs and pull it out.

This will expose the lower 2 bolts holding the radio in.

The vent 'cluster' above the radio also comes out. 4 clips - top, bottom, left, right. gnetly pry the vent cluster out with a small taped flat screwdriver.

The radio remains in the dash by 4 easily visible screws.

Just move slowly and gently.