Need Some Advice About A 94' Sc300

legacy

This is my all time favorite car. I've been in love with this car since as long as i can remember, and recently i found one for sale. Its a 1994 sc300, with 133k miles. Its selling for $7500. I've been asking myself, and alot of others about this car, and the one thing that really is scaring me are the miles. 133k miles is pretty high. I've ran it through Carfax, and its never had any problems. Only one Owner. What i would like, is to hear it from some owners of SC300 models, regardless of age, your experiances with the car. How does this thing ride? what does it act like when its up over 100k miles? How reliable is it? One of my biggest concerns is that i live in the north, and I'll have to drive in the snow. Is this car hard to drive during the winter, or is it pretty smooth? Thanks in advance for anyy replies. I really appreciate any info at all :D

well i just go tmy sc300 with 134000 miles and still strong the only problem is this light that keeps popping up check engine and the odometer light is giving out and the owner before me put a bad clutch other than that everythings fine not sure about snow because it never snowed in california good luck with your decision :magic:

I bought my '95 with 140k miles. Bought it for $7300 + ttl and dropped another $1,000 on timing belt/water pump/cam seals/o-rings/spark plugs, and the 60k lexus tune up. Runs like a champ, not a single engine leak. If I wasnt planning on turboing the engine, or putting her on the bottle Id expect to be running strong until 300k.

I bought my 92 w/2000 upgrades for $8000.00 with 107k miles on the clock and have since then changed out the plugs, fuel filter, clutch and brake master. Apart from the brake master, which was going bad, the other items were replaced as preventative maintenance. I’m at about 111k now with not so much as a flinch. The 2JZ GE is the same reliable engine I had in my GS300. I would decently recommend the SC300 with it’s easy to maintain inline 3.0l six.

B)

I have a '96 with just over 100K.

Runs really smooth especially with the recent tune-up/timing belt/waterpump.

The only problem I see is that you will have to drive in snow.

I've heard some talk about SCs being difficult to handle in slippery conditions.

They are after all RWD.

If you have experience driving a RWD and you've driven in snow enough to know how it feels, you should be fine.

If not, then I'd say your best bet would be an AWD Audi or something similar.

Good luck.

I have a 95 SC300 with 175k miles on it, and it's still purring like a cat. I had to replace my throttle positioning sensor, and thought it was leaking oil when I bought it. I used those defects and bought it for $6200.

I know you did the carfax, but I would really recommend you checking the car out throughly by both the Lexus dealer and the body. Apparently the previous owner had some front end damage and it wasn't reported. Look for the stickers and discolouration around the body and engine bay frame.

As for winter, if you're getting the Auto with Trac, you can get away with driving on snow. Also, invest the $200 on two snow tires and you can definitely get away with it. The 5speed tends to push the back end out. That's why I drive my LS during winter. ;)