No Drain Plug In Torque Converter?

W201 sweden

I've searched and searched, and I came to the conclusion:

Since nobody mentions removal of a plug in the converter at oil change, there is no such plug! :rolleyes:

I'll just have to empty the tranny oil pan a number of times. Every regular maitenance I'll get a couple of liters of fresh oil in.

/Alexander from Sweden

I have never seen a torque converter with a drain. They have some systems that flush the system completely but I am not sure how they work.

Draining and refilling a couple of times does about the same thing I guess.

You might be interested in a tutorial at http://www.lexls.com that covers flushing the transmission.

There is a hose going into the bottom of the radiator that you disconnect and direct into a container. You then run the engine, get the oil out a litre at a time, replacing it with new oil through the dipstick tube.

I did this on my ls a couple of weekends ago and managed to replace all of the oil. Not difficult, I didn't even have to raise the car. It's made a drastic difference - much softer and quicker shifts.

You'll only get about 2 litres out from the drain plug, but the tranny holds nearly 9 in total. My local Lexus dealer obviously hadn't heard of the method as he questioned my sanity when I bought 10 litres of oil.