Drivers Side Door Jammed. Please Help!

I have a 92 SC400 and the drivers side door is jammed. It won't open from the inside or outside. The first day this happened it allowed the door to be opened from the inside but now it won't open at all. Is there a way to take everything off and fix it without being able to open the door? I've seen other posts talking about the small plastic piece that holds the rod in place, but none go into detail in regards to repairing without being able to open the door. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------

Rob

92 SC400

94 Supra TT

I need to know details. LIke...does the key turn at all when you try to open the door from the outside? Does the doorlock open and close on the inside or is it stuck? When you try to open the door does the door opener feel really loose or does it feel like its connected to a stuck rod?

I need to know details. LIke...does the key turn at all when you try to open the door from the outside? Does the doorlock open and close on the inside or is it stuck? When you try to open the door does the door opener feel really loose or does it feel like its connected to a stuck rod?

The key turns and feels normal. When turning the key it locks and unlocks the inside door lock.

As for opening the door from the outside, the handle feels very loose compared with the working passenger side....definitely not stuck.

Thanks,

--------------------

Rob

92 SC400

94 Supra TT

Get a tow truck driver to open it.

He can catch the rod and pull it up to open the door , got AAA ?

Are you saying to have someone jimmi the door open so repairing it will then be easier? Is this possible since the lock "appears" to be working?

This appears to be a common problem on SC's!!!!

yep that's what it is and I should know b/c it happened to the passenger side door on my 400 a few months ago and cost me damn near $350(labor included) just for that little clip from the Lexus dealership. The parts guy told me that the actual clip cost much less but the labor costs of pulling my door apart is what made it so expensive. :angry: