Whiteline Sway Bars Avalible In The Us Again

Toysrme

And this time, it's not from that co** su**e* Sean (soundlzrd, not our sean mcelligott) that took abunch of money from me afew years ago.

And they're on group buy through September 10th '06.

The guy's already done one successful group buy on ToyotaNation, and has started another.

Current Group Buy

Original thread

You want the correct sway bar<s> for your car, AND new end-links, AND the bushings (They're polyuerethane).

There is no single handling upgrade that you can do that will increase the handling of the car. There also isn't a cheaper upgrade you can do for the suspension.

Obviously... We have Camry suspensions, so you want the corrisponding generation Camry parts.

(Gen 3 Camry's come with a large front sway bar. Whiteline says they're big enough factory, so they just make rear sway bars for us rollin gen3's.)

Anywho... Just a head's up. It's fairly rare to find Whiteline stuff in the USA, it's a very on/off basis. I love my whiteline rear sway bar... Wouldn't live without it!

Question: I have a 96 ES300, so the rear bar would be the 18mm BTR36@$112 (plus shipping). Like other suspension companies, do they include the correct swaybar bushings? If not, I'm looking and didn't see them, just the SPF-2997 ones for the stock chassis bar. No mention of end links at all. :chairshot:

I am very thankful our buddies in ToyoNation are doing this ... contactacted the US distributor last month with a negative reply to supplying them to me. Maybe I referenced the Lex and not Toyo parts, but they said 'not available' nonetheless. Great news! :cheers:

I've never heard of anybody doing it either way. (gen 3 or gen 5 to a gen 4). If you wanna pick one up from like a junkyard, go for it!

Ya, the gen3 front way bars are huge. They downsized them on the gen4's. :\

SupraMan

IDK about end links. They guy I bought mine from years ago included some poly bushings & replacement end-links. (Which is probably why it cost $150-170, instead of $120 to get a bar) I see where he is listing the poly bushings for them seperately from superpro. I would get on toyotanation, and ask them.

godfather18, larger anti-sway bars will keep the car from leaning as much during corners. They will also effectively loosen the grip at that end of the car.

I.E. All factory FWD cars are set to understeer. As in you go turning hard to the limit of traction, the front tires loose grip & you quit turning. You slide forward in a straight line.

A larger rear sway bar will not only make the car feel more solid, quicker in transitioning, and keep the car from leaning as badly while cornering. It will lessen the grip at the back of the car, adding more to the front.

This creates a more neutral handling car that will go farther without loosing grip, and if you go past the traction limits, you may actually spin the car out. Which is alot more fun anyway.

Basically... Without making the suspension any stiffer, you are adding dynamic spring rates to each wheel. The car feels the same driving around, until you go zipping throguh some corners.