Do The Goodyear Eagles Mix Well With Snow?

Rx330driver

Ive checked the searched but no help there and I know its a little early to think about snow, but im thinking about goin' up to Reno or tahoe this winter with the kids. The last car i drove up there was my rx300, so its been a while. I was just wondering how the eagles work in snow, cause i know they are performance tires. I do have AWD and i do feel safe with VSC and TRAC and what not but i just want to make sure. If worst comes to worst, ill have to rent those wretched chains :wacko:

on an unrelated topic, ive noticed these tires squeal a lot when making turns. Maybe im just turning too quickly? but i feel unsafe when i hear that. Sounds like the cars going to tip over or something. Dont know, just wanted to through it out there. Kinda makes me feel there that there isnt enough rubber on the road. :whistles:

I just asked my friend who has goodyear eagle's on his 2004 RX300, and he said that they work great!!! We live in PA, so we do get snow....I had a RX300 and I put plus one size on the stock 16 inch wheels with 235/70 16 and the company was Uniroyal...Now let me tell you about these tires....I only paid $90 for each tire, but that included lifetime balancing and mounting from NTB(National Tire & Battery) if my memorey serves me correct....These tires were absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!! With slighty a bigger size than the factory tires, the ride quality improves tremendously, but the best thing was the handling!!!!!! The tires improved handling, cornering, and handling on the highway at higher speeds. Thr car stuck to the road soo much better than the factory tires....and I got 70,000 miles out of them....And oh, they were amazing in the snow and rain, especially heavy rain....I never once got stuck in the snow, and the traction they provided in the rain was superb!!!!